Pro Member
  • Camp Hill, PA
Votes |
Medium-Term Rental Insurance - Keep Prosper or Switch to Another Company

Sarah Selle
Pro Member
  • Camp Hill, PA
Posted Apr 24 2024, 12:09

I own a medium term (30+day) rental in Pennsylvania. A few months ago, I switched my insurance to Proper, as it seemed to offer the best coverage. After signing up, they then reached out about requiring an electrical and plumbing inspection. One of the requirements was no cloth wiring. The electrician that inspected explained to me that there was some cloth wiring present, but it was all grounded, making it safe. No reason to replace. Unfortunately, Prosper is refusing to cover without remedying the situation (at least a $1k in materials plus labor).

I always want to fix any problems within my rental if they arise, but I don't want to replace something that is perfectly safe just to fit a policy. I am looking into possibilities to remedy as well as getting quotes from other insurance companies. Does anyone have any insight on whether other insurance companies will insure with cloth wiring or companies that offer good coverage?

My goal is to offer a safe rental, with good comprehensive coverage so I don't leave my home vulnerable. I appreciate your thoughts in advance!

Loading replies...