Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
Things must be slow for real estate agents

Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Posted May 1 2024, 18:04

I put my personal house up for sale on Zillow as a FSBO . The responses have been overwhelming . In 3 days I have had 65 calls . Two from regular people and 63 from real estate agents . They all seemed to be reading off the same script , telling me how great they were , how they could make things easy how selling a house is difficult without the assistance of a professional . Honestly the majority sounded like used car salesmen . This wasnt just local agents but they were from all corners of the state of Maryland . Funny how all of them has interested buyers looking for a house in my area .

After a while I just answered the phone by saying , " Oh wow another real estate agent how can I help you ? " 

I have been in business over 40 years as a contractor ,  never cold called , never knocked on a door . Always had more work than I could handle due to our reputation .  After the conversations I has with these agents ( I am not painting all agents )  they sounded like used car salesmen talking down to someone .  I wasnt impressed with 95% of them .

Loading replies...