Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Hartlen
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Any RECENT experience with Spartan Invest (2022 or later?)

Bryan Hartlen
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Mar 20 2024, 08:12

I've read the discussions from 5 years ago.  I'm wondering if anyone on BP has recent experience (last couple years) with a Spartan Invest turn-key property purchase. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Mar 20 2024, 08:25

Spartan has been very quiet on BP in the last few years.. they used to post a lot before they kind of went quiet.. 

User Stats

Votes
Luke DeJong
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orange City, IA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orange City, IA
Replied Mar 27 2024, 17:47

@Bryan Hartlen I have, it has been a good experience. I haven’t bought with other turnkey providers, so I can’t add perspective in that way, but They have been very helpful every step of the way.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Mar 27 2024, 18:16

@Bryan Hartlen

I haven’t invested but I spent some time at a conference with the CEO Lindsay Davis and first impression was she was awesome to get to know.

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Mar 28 2024, 05:08
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Bryan Hartlen

I haven’t invested but I spent some time at a conference with the CEO Lindsay Davis and first impression was she was awesome to get to know.

I did some marketing work with them on HoltonWiseTV a few years ago, pretty legit company. We did part ways because my brand was a bit extreme for them lol. Overall though, my impressions working with them were good and they are a legit operator down there in Birmingham. I think investors will be treated well working with them.

User Stats

Votes
Maureen McCann
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 29 2024, 06:55

@Jay Hinrichs great to connect! Our CEO, Lindsay, is on BiggerPockets a bit in her free time but I recently joined to follow along on some forums here myself. 

@James Wise we will always regard you and your team as one of the leading experts in our industry! And we certainly respect all of the partners we've worked with in the past. We all have the same goals at the end of the day!

BiggerPockets is such a great space to learn about real estate investing but we have focused our efforts on providing helpful information and useful content in relevant forums, rather than promotion. 

@Luke DeJong I'm so glad to know you've had a positive experience with us! @Bryan Hartlen We have not seen many of our investors (new and old) utilize BiggerPockets as a resource in recent years but I'd be happy to send you a list of investors that would agree to speak with you to gain insight from their experiences. We would encourage them to share the good, bad, and ugly so you can gauge whether we are a good fit for your investment needs.

While it's true that many of our clients haven't directly come from this platform, I'm excited to be part of the BiggerPockets community now as well. Looking forward to being more active in this community and contributing where we can.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 3 2024, 06:41

I have. It was my first investment in AL (Jan. 2022) and they are GREAT! Complete worry-free investment in Tuscaloosa. It cash-flows well and they are very responsive. I am thinking on investing with them again soon. 

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Hartlen
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 3 2024, 07:28
Quote from @Felipe Lecaros:

I have. It was my first investment in AL (Jan. 2022) and they are GREAT! Complete worry-free investment in Tuscaloosa. It cash-flows well and they are very responsive. I am thinking on investing with them again soon. 

Good to hear.  How accurate did you find their prospectus projections?  At what stage did you buy: in-process rehab or one that had completed rehab and was leased?