Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes

Starting out on Flipping

Posted Apr 23 2024, 19:36

Hello, I have about $40k, looking to start investing in Wilmington DE for my first flip. I already have a contractor to work with and don’t mind starting small. Any advice on how best to start? 

User Stats

Votes
Alfonso Partida
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Redlands, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Redlands, CA
Replied Apr 23 2024, 19:49
Quote from @Olugbenga Oyinsan:

Hello, I have about $40k, looking to start investing in Wilmington DE for my first flip. I already have a contractor to work with and don’t mind starting small. Any advice on how best to start? 

Hi Olugbenga! Congratulations on taking the first step toward your real estate goals. I'd love to discuss some options with you and see how I can support you and your business. Are you available tomorrow?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 23 2024, 20:13
Quote from @Alfonso Partida:

Hi Olugbenga! Congratulations on taking the first step toward your real estate goals. I'd love to discuss some options with you and see how I can support you and your business. Are you available tomorrow?

We can talk tomorrow 9am EST. It’s my first time here on the forum. How do we connect? 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Alfonso Partida
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Redlands, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Redlands, CA
Replied Apr 23 2024, 20:29
Quote from @Alfonso Partida:

We can talk tomorrow 9am EST. It’s my first time here on the forum. How do we connect? 

I'll send you a direct message so we can arrange a time that works best for you tomorrow.

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
#1 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied Apr 24 2024, 08:42

definitely want to reach out to a local realtor . 40k is a good amount to get into a fix and flip 

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Parsh#3 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
Shawn Parsh#3 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Apr 24 2024, 12:50

Olugbenga,

There are a lot of things you can do to get started. I apologize if some of these are obvious and you're already doing them, but here are some things that come to mind. Join a local real estate investing club and learn what you can from other investors who are actually doing deals not talking about doing deals. Learn your target market well. What is selling and/or renting for how much. What features, areas are in demand. What are the vacancy rates, how long are houses sitting on the market. Build a team that includes qualified realtor, real estate attorney, asset protection attorney, insurance professional, contractors, handyman, and others. Tell everyone you interact with that you are a real estate investor and what type of property your looking for. Study your niche of the real estate market. Ask questions here on BP, read books, attend training events, and ask a lot of questions of your team. Then start investing when you find the right deal. You will likely learn more in one deal then all the books you've read. You will learn more with each deal. Remember your reputation is more important then any one deal. Do what's right and your business will grow faster.