• Involved In Real Estate
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
What financing options do I have???

Curtis Cecil
  • Chandler, AZ
Posted Apr 21 2024, 10:51

So I have a non-primary house that is valued at $220k on Zillow (just a reference point), what options do I have to finance around 100k out of it to renovate the house? Credit is fair but not great, I have access to a strong co-signer if I need to. My Primary residence has some equity but I would rather figure out how to collateralize the non-primary house.

Any ideas???

User Stats

Votes
Alfonso Partida
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Redlands, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Redlands, CA
Replied Apr 21 2024, 11:10
Quote from @Curtis Cecil:

So I have a non-primary house that is valued at $220k on Zillow (just a reference point), what options do I have to finance around 100k out of it to renovate the house? Credit is fair but not great, I have access to a strong co-signer if I need to. My Primary residence has some equity but I would rather figure out how to collateralize the non-primary house.

Any ideas???

Hi Curtis, I've sent you a message. Please let me know the most convenient time for us to connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Grudzien
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Eugene, OR
Replied Apr 21 2024, 12:57

Any ideas???

Curtis,
"valued at $220k" is one part of the equation.  How much equity do you have?  Do you own it outright?  You could do a cash out refi, but you'd be dealing with current interest rates.

MIke

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Devin Peterson
  • Lender
Votes |

Any ideas???

Is the property an investment property and is it rented out? If so, you can use a DSCR cash out loan no problem

User Stats

Votes
Curtis Cecil
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Apr 21 2024, 14:34

It's not rented out. It's originally was going to be but it's a flip now.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Clarence
Lender
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Apr 21 2024, 18:41

It's not rented out. It's originally was going to be but it's a flip now.

Hi Curtis, even if the house is not rented there are DSCR options you can to that would go off an appraiser's fair market rent analysis. Or there are HELOC options you can look at also. I am a local loan officer that works for a mortgage brokerage in Chandler also, let me know if you have any other questions.

User Stats

Votes
Curtis Cecil
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Apr 22 2024, 07:29
Quote from @Mike Grudzien:

Any ideas???

Curtis,
"valued at $220k" is one part of the equation.  How much equity do you have?  Do you own it outright?  You could do a cash out refi, but you'd be dealing with current interest rates.

MIke

Sorry Mike, I missed your post. It's free and clear, owe nothing on the property.

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Minocchi
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Replied Apr 22 2024, 09:55

You could possibly do a bridge loan, maybe a 6-12 month term to pull some of the equity and rehab, then sell or refi if you plan to hold. Bridge should be doable as long as you have at least a 600 FICO. That will limit your LTV, but doesn't sound like that will be an issue if you're only looking for $100k.

Barrett Financial Group, L.L.C. Logo

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie P.
Pro Member
#4 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker
Replied Apr 22 2024, 10:59

Any ideas???

If cash is the quest, just do a short term bridge loan.  You'd spend a lot of money to reduce the prepayment penalty on a DSCR loan if you're just going to sell it.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Apr 25 2024, 15:43

Any ideas???

Hey Curtis, 

What would be considered a fair credit score? 680-700? 

Is your non-primary home a second home or an investment property? How much do you owe? Is the property in distressed condition?

There are several ways to approach this depending on your goals. 

User Stats

Votes
Curtis Cecil
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Apr 25 2024, 15:45
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Any ideas???

Hey Curtis, 

Just a bit lower

Is your non-primary home a second home or an investment property? How much do you owe? Is the property in distressed condition?

Investment, going to be a flip. Free and clear.

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Apr 25 2024, 15:50
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Any ideas???

Hey Curtis, 

Just a bit lower

Investment, going to be a flip. Free and clear.

I think in this case, you may want to consider a bridge loan to cash out on the current equity, renovate, and sell.