Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Chris Crotty
Votes |
Looking for private lender or advise to finding funding

Chris Crotty
Posted Apr 26 2024, 07:12

I have a deal that I feel is promising for an acquisition. It is a TurnKey mixed use building with 1 commercial unit with USPS as the tenant since 2008, and 3 apartments filled with long term tenants. It is in a small town with few options for rentals available. The property brings in 5k a month, has 1k a month in expenses. Usps handles snow removal and outdoor keep up. The seller is willing to finance 50% of the cost and defer payments for 5 years. I need to come up with the 50% remaining to put down on it. I may be able to negotiate things differently. I'm new to this and I am still building my network. I am able to find funding for flips, but for an acquisition like this I don't have any options. I feel like this is a solid deal and there is enough income from the property to pay for financing as well as leave me with a substantial cash flow. I need to find an asset based lender that is willing to base financing on the income of the property. Any ideas, direction, or help would be appreciated. 

User Stats

Votes
Tom S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Burlington, VT
Replied Apr 26 2024, 11:27

@Chris Crotty  Congrats on finding a good potential deal!

I have a 5 unit that I bought in a similar situation as yours, with some % done as seller financing.  I reached out to a local bank that knew the property, and asked for the commercial lending department.  They were able to offer a 1st position loan based off the property and income, and the seller was allowed to offer financing, but in a 2nd position.  

So check with your local banks would be a good start IMO.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Croucier
Lender
  • Lender
  • Dallas TX
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Dallas TX
Replied Apr 26 2024, 11:31

I believe I may have a solution to your problem if you would like to connect, we could dive into this deal a bit deeper.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
#2 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied Apr 26 2024, 11:52

What is the purchase price ? Wouldn't be able to do a seller carry though